Brighton striker Locadia: I never wanted to leaveby Ansser Sadiq10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveBrighton striker Jurgen Locadia has insisted he never wanted to leave the club.Locadia was said to be unsettled earlier in the season.But he has returned to form, scoring his second goal in a week to help his side defeat Everton. The win kept Brighton in 13th in the table, with a six point gap to Crystal Palace, who are a position lower.The Dutch forward said after the win over Everton: “I never wanted to go on loan or be sold in January. That’s not my intention.”But I made it clear I want to play games and I talked with the gaffer also.”I think my place is here in Brighton. I know I have had a difficult time not playing games but I think I have shown the last two games I am worthy of being here.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say
Sagnol urges PSG to go for Liverpool midfielder Keitaby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Bordeaux coach Willy Sagnol believes PSG should move for Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita.PSG are in the market for a new midfield signing as a replacement for wantaway Adrien Rabiot.And Sagnol says: “With (Marco) Verratti, you have a player who is very good technically, able to organise the game from deep. But he needs a player with a large volume of play at his side. “Naby Keita (Liverpool) is a player who knows how to do everything, who recovers balls, can also project with and without the ball. Verratti and Keita could form a beautiful duet if we assume that (Thomas) Tuchel retains his defence with three men behind.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Advertisement The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) today announced its JUNO Award category Aboriginal Album of the Year will be proudly renamed Indigenous Music Album of the Year, in support of acknowledging all First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities in Canada.Presented annually at the JUNO Awards, the Indigenous Music Album of the Year recognizes the music that echoes the Indigenous experience in Canada through words and/or music. The category accepts all traditional Indigenous music including: traditional Aboriginal music: Iroquois, Social Pow Wow Drum (i.e: Sioux, Assiniboine, Cree, Ojibway & Blackfoot, etc.); all Hand Drums (e.g. Inuit, Dene, Cree, Micmac, West Coast, etc.), Inuit Throat Singing; Traditional Flutes; Métis, Cree & Micmac Fiddling. In addition, fusions of all genres of contemporary music that incorporate the above and/or reflect the unique Indigenous experience in Canada, by virtue of words or music.The Indigenous Music Album of the Year award will be presented at the JUNO Gala Dinner & Awards presented by SOCAN on Saturday, April 1, 2017 at the Shaw Centre in Ottawa, Ontario. Premier Partners of The 2017 JUNO Awards: CARAS acknowledges the financial support of FACTOR, the Government of Canada and of Canada’s Private Radio Broadcasters, Radio Starmaker Fund, Ottawa 2017, the Province of Ontario, the Ontario Media Development Corporation, Tourism Ottawa, Google Play Music and TD Bank Group.About CARASThe Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences/L’académie canadienne des arts et des sciences de l’enregistrement (CARAS) is a not-for-profit organization created to preserve and enhance the Canadian music and industry and to contribute toward higher artistic and industry standards. The main focus of CARAS is the exploration and development of ongoing opportunities to showcase and promote Canadian artists and music through vehicles such as The JUNO Awards, MusiCounts, the Canadian Music Hall of Fame and other year-round initiatives. For more information on the 46th Annual JUNO Awards or The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) please visit www.junoawards.ca Advertisement Facebook Login/Register With: JUNO Week 2017 will be hosted in Ottawa from March 27 through April 2, 2017. LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Twitter
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp expects a tough game against Arsenal and highlighted strike duo Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette as the main threatThe unbeaten Premier League leaders will welcome Arsenal at Anfield on Saturday hoping to maintain their six-point advantage over Tottenham with a ninth straight league win.On Thursday, Gunners manager Unai Emery revealed he believes Liverpool can remain unbeaten for the entire season – just like when his club’s “Invincibles” managed to do so in the 2003/04 campaign.And Klopp dismissed the suggestion that Emery could be trying to pile the pressure on Liverpool by saying that.“That is not how I know Unai Emery,” said Klopp, according to Sky Sports.“I don’t think they will have the white flag and say ‘no chance’. It will be a really tough game tomorrow night, because they are good.“That is all I am interested in and all the rest is a nice little game, where people respond to your questions and you make stories of the answers.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“We are focused on ourselves and that is all.”The German reckons Liverpool cannot afford a similar performance to the one they did at the Emirates Stadium last month, which ended in a 1-1 draw.“Play much better than we did at Arsenal, for example – that would be a good idea,” replied Klopp on what Liverpool could do better this time around.“Because, especially defending wise, we weren’t as good as we can be, or we were after that. I think it was a period where we didn’t do too well.“They are strong, good with the ball and very lively. Their counter-attacks are crazy quick – (Pierre-Emerick) Aubameyang and (Alexandre) Lacazette are an outstanding striker couple up front. It will be difficult.”The Liverpool and Arsenal match will begin at 18:30 (CET) on Saturday.
Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, September 6, 2017 – Providenciales – It is certain now that parts of the Turks and Caicos Islands will get a direct hit from Hurricane Irma scheduled to impact overnight on Thursday. I encourage all the residents and visitors of these islands to seriously prepare. Do not take this hurricane likely – it is an unprecedentedly dangerous – a strong Category 5 hurricane with wind speeds up to 185mph and tide surge potentially up to 30 feet. Please listen for weather advisories and heed the advice given by authorities.Residents of Salt Cay, and Middle Caicos I encourage you to take the advice of authorities in your area for evacuations, and those living in coastal areas should either move inland or to high floors.Ensure that your home is properly secured and your surroundings are cleared of any possible debris. Those in flood prone areas are especially advised to take heed in securing your property. Please make use of the Hurricane Shelters if you need to and have all that you may need at the shelter including food, clothing, toiletries, blankets, important documents, etc. Be sure that you have enough food and drinking water for each member of your family to last at least a day or two after the storm, as electricity may not return immediately. Fully charge all of your electronic devices including your additional/backup batteries. Check to ensure your flash lights and lanterns are working and have spear batteries on hand. Remember to protect all of your important documents in water-proof containers.Keep battery powered radios with you and listen for advisories/updates, as they become available.We are a resilient people and will make it through and I pray for God’s protection over us during this storm.Press Release: Washington Misick (Leader of Opposition) Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
Mauricio Pochettino has revealed that he enjoys a great relationship with Unai Emery but will put that aside when Tottenham face Arsenal on Sunday.Mauricio Pochettino and Unai Emery are familiar foes as they have faced each other numerous times in La Liga, but Sunday’s game will be the new Arsenal manager’s first North London derby.The Spurs manager is getting ready for his 10th North London derby and says Emery’s arrival at Arsenal will add a different element to the game.“It will be so different,” Pochettino told Sky Sports.“Now we are going to face a good friend in Unai Emery. It will be strange but when we start the game we are going to compete.Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“We always had a fantastic relationship when we faced each other in Spain. I wish him all the best here at Arsenal, after our game of course.“He is doing a fantastic job there. Arsenal have always been a very good team and they had one of the greatest managers ever, but now they have a totally different culture.“This is my fifth season here so I understand completely what it means. In the last few seasons we have increased the level against the London clubs.“But, of course, Arsenal is special and it is important to be ready with the right mentality.”
Apple Aug 31 • Your phone screen is gross. Here’s how to clean it Tags Amazon once again dominated the week’s news with a bombshell announcement Thursday that it’s backing out of plans for a New York City-based HQ2. T-Mobile and Sprint got a grilling on Capitol Hill over their planned merger and what it means for rural 5G. And we said goodnight to Opportunity, NASA’s history-making Mars rover declared dead on Wednesday. But we’re still roving. Here are a few mission-critical stories you don’t want to miss.These Android apps are tracking you, even if you’ve said stopPotentially breaking Google’s rules, advertisers are gathering data that can help them skirt an Android privacy feature. SOPA Images In a New York minute, Amazon’s HQ2 plans for the Big Apple are kaput. Here’s whyA “perfect storm” destroys the most sought-after development project in years. Stephanie Keith/Getty Images Drones at the border: How Trump’s wall could get eyes in the skyCompanies are hoping to cash in on millions of dollars in new border security spending as the president declares a national emergency.The AeroVironment Puma drone, already used by the military, can be launched by hand. AeroVironment You happily share your Netflix password, but there are risksOur unstoppable desire to share serves as a great example of the ways cybersecurity tips often don’t make sense in the everyday lives of internet users. James Martin/CNET Apple needs an iPhone SE 2 now more than everIt was small, had a fingerprint reader and a headphone jack. It was everything the larger iPhones weren’t and aren’t today. Angela Lang/CNET Sony’s video game boss wants fewer, bigger PlayStation gamesVideo game makers are struggling to adapt to the internet era. With the PS5 on the horizon, Sony’s Shawn Layden has a plan. Ian Sherr/CNET Valentine’s Day heartbreaks: MoviePass, Game Boy and more tech that tested our loveSometimes lousy battery life and canceled Amazon shows leave us feeling just as forlorn as our exes do. Angela Lang/CNET With smart sneakers, privacy risks take a great leapPrivacy experts are waiting for the other shoe to drop on connected kicks. After all, the smarter the object, the more likely it is to be hacked. Alfred Ng / CNET Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey’s chaotic interview: 6 takeaways from his tweetsIn an interview through tweets, Dorsey talks about tech responsibility, Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Cheez-Its. Drew Angerer / Getty Images Aug 31 • Best places to sell your used electronics in 2019 Post a comment Sep 1 • iPhone 11, Apple Watch 5 and more: The final rumors 0 See All Aug 31 • iPhone XR vs. iPhone 8 Plus: Which iPhone should you buy? reading • 9 great reads from CNET this week Android Pie Amazon Drones Jack Dorsey Privacy Google Sony Apple Tech Industry Share your voice •
President Abdul Hamid arrives in Astana on Saturday evening. Photo: BSSPresident Abdul Hamid arrived in Astana on Saturday evening to attend the First Summit of OIC on Science and Technology to be held in the capital of Kazakhstanon Sunday and Monday.The president arrived at Astana Nurshultan Nazarbayev International Airport at 8:25pm(local time) by a VVIP flight of Bangladesh Biman.Minister for justice of Kazakhstan Marat Beketayev, first deputy mayor of Astana Sergei Mikailovich and ambassador of Bangladesh to Uzbekistan Mosud Mannan received president Hamid at the airport.Hamid is leading a Bangladesh delegation to the OIC summit.The summit is expected to discuss and adopt the OIC Ten Year Action Plan on Science and Technology ‘OIC STI Agenda 2026’.President Hamid will make a statement at the summit calling for creating a new story of development for the wellbeing of the Muslim Ummah through active cooperation in science and technology.He will emphasise that the contributions of the member states individually, jointly or collectively to science and technology will enhance the image of Muslims, embolden their position in the world and give them due respect in global debate and discourse while improving the conditions of the Ummah.The president will also share the initiatives, programmes and success stories of Bangladesh government with the OIC member states in many areas of science and technology and give invaluable guidance to the OIC with his recommendations.During the visit, he is expected to have bilateral talks with his Kazakh counterpart and some of the counterparts from the participating member states.President Hamid is scheduled to return home on 12 September next.
Bangladesh Awami League general secretary and the road transport and bridges minister Obaidul Quader. File PhotoTerming the allegation made by Priya Saha to US president Donald Trump about Bangladesh ‘absolutely false’, ruling Bangladesh Awami League general secretary Obaidul Quader on Saturday said she will be sued on sedition charges, reports news agency UNB.”Priya Saha’s allegation was absolutely false. No one will agree with her. A sedition case will be filed against her. The process is underway,” said Quader, also the road transport and bridges minister, while talking to newsmen at AL president’s Dhanmondi office in Dhaka.Priya Saha, one of the organising secretaries of Bangladesh Hindu-Bouddha-Christian Oikya Parishad, was seen telling US president Donald Trump, among other things, that 37 million Hindu, Buddhist and Christian people have been disappeared from Bangladesh. She also told president Trump that her land has been grabbed by Muslim fundamentalists and sought his help so that Hindu, Buddhist and Christian people can live in Bangladesh.The Bangladesh government on Saturday said it appears that there was an ulterior motive behind Priya Saha’s “absolutely false and concocted” stories that were targeted to malign Bangladesh.”Bangladesh is a beacon of religious freedom and communal harmony, where people of all faiths have been living in peace for ages,” said the foreign ministry, strongly protesting all the “blatant lies” Priya Saha told US president Donald Trump.The government also condemned her remarks in the strongest possible terms.Bangladesh national Priya Saha took part in the Second Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom held at the US Department of State in Washington, DC on 16-18 July.Bangladesh foreign minister AK Abdul Momen also attended the meeting.Delegates from 106 countries, including about 40 foreign ministers, took part in the meeting at the invitation of Mike Pompeo, the US Secretary of State.
BALTIMORE (AP) — The FBI won’t take over an investigation into the homicide of a Baltimore city detective who was shot in the head the day before he was to testify before a federal grand jury about a group of indicted officers, the city’s top police official said Wednesday.Det. Sean Suiter, an 18-year veteran of the Baltimore Police Department, was shot in the head while investigating a murder in West Baltimore, Nov. 15. He died from his injuries about 24 hours after the shooting. (Courtesy photo)FBI officials have seen no evidence to suggest Detective Sean Suiter’s death was “directly connected” to the federal corruption investigation, therefore FBI officials believed it would be “prudent” for the police to continue leading the inquiry, Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis said, quoting a letter he said he received from FBI Assistant Director Stephen Richardson.“That means that they believe that at this moment there’s no conspiracy to murder Sean Suiter by someone else involved in that ongoing case,” Davis told reporters.Rumors about Suiter’s Nov. 15 shooting went into overdrive last month when Davis confirmed that the acting U.S. attorney and FBI informed him the detective was gunned down the day before he was to testify in an ongoing federal investigation of a disbanded gun-recovery unit. Eight Baltimore officers have been indicted on charges they defrauded their department, falsified evidence and shook down citizens. The same week Suiter was shot, a Philadelphia officer became the ninth officer indicted in the investigation of Baltimore’s Gun Trace Task Force.Suiter was attacked while investigating a 2016 triple homicide with his partner in a high-crime neighborhood. Davis said Suiter approached a “suspicious” man in a vacant lot between row houses, leading to a violent confrontation in which he was shot with his own gun. His partner can be seen on private surveillance video taking cover across the street, according to Davis.For weeks, Davis has repeatedly said his department had no reason to believe Suiter’s death was connected to his pending testimony, but he also has stressed that investigators are not ruling out anything.He sent a formal request on Dec. 1 asking the FBI to take over the investigation. In his request to the FBI director, Davis said the investigation was “significantly complicated by the fact that he was to appear before a grand jury the following day.”On Wednesday, he told reporters that he took the “unusual step” of asking the FBI to lead the investigation “primarily because of the extraordinary circumstances associated with the death” of Suiter and because he knows that many people “think there is corruption involved in this.”“It was out of an abundance of caution. I wanted the credibility to be at its very highest level,” said Davis, adding that he has full confidence in his department and Baltimore has “the best detectives” anywhere.There have been no arrests, despite a $215,000 reward.Davis said there is “zero evidence” to support some speculation that the homicide detective staged a suicide. And he stressed that the FBI does not think that Suiter’s death “has anything to do with that pending testimony.”“If they did I have no doubt in my mind that the FBI would have taken this case,” he said, adding that “what we have left before us is a murder committed by a yet-to-be-unidentified perpetrator.”He emphasized that the Suiter investigation was an active investigation.FBI agents and other federal authorities have been assisting Baltimore police in the high-profile homicide investigation for weeks.Suiter’s widow, Nicole, also wanted the FBI to lead the investigation into her husband’s death, according to Davis and Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh. Davis said she was aware of the FBI’s decision.___David McFadden on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dmcfadd