FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Bloomberg:South Africa has dropped proposals to boost supply from nuclear plants in its latest energy blueprint and will increasingly harness renewable sources as it trims a reliance on coal.“There will be a study to determine if more nuclear is needed after 2030,” Energy Minister Jeff Radebe told reporters in Pretoria on Monday. “But until then, there is no increase in nuclear generation envisaged.”The long-awaited update of the country’s Integrated Resource Plan for power sector spending, the first in eight years, calls for the biggest increase in capacity from wind and natural gas.Wind and natural gas are each projected to increase by 8,100 megawatts of capacity, while 5,670 megawatts will come from solar and 2,500 megawatts from hydropower, according to the plan. Coal, which currently makes up the bulk of the country’s energy source, will add 1,000 megawatts. The Department of Energy, the National Energy Regulator of South Africa and state-owned utility Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd. are tasked with carrying out the proposals.President Cyril Ramaphosa has this year overseen the replacement of Eskom’s leadership as he seeks to attract $100 billion of investment to the country. A program to add more renewable power from independent producers has been revived.“There is significant change in the energy mix post 2030, which is mainly driven by decommissioning of old coal power plants that reach their end of life,” Radebe said. Close to 30 gigawatts of Eskom’s coal fleet is to reach end-of-life by 2040, according to the draft document.More: South Africa drops nuclear, adds renewables in energy plan New South Africa plan looks to cut coal reliance, expand renewables
Basel: World number six Alexander Zverev described his 7-6 (9/7), 6-4 loss to Taylor Fritz as ‘flat’ as he was knocked out of the ATP Swiss Indoors on Tuesday. The German’s loss to the 21-year-old American came barely a week after defeat in the Shanghai Masters final to Daniil Medvedev and puts his chance of defending his ATP Finals title at risk. “I was completely flat for some reason,” he said. “I was tired and not focused at all. It was a weird feeling,” he added.Zverev won the season-ending tournament last November, beating Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic back-to-back. The season points race will be determined next week at the Paris Masters as the last two of the eight spots are decided. “The way I played today, in my current mental stage, I’m not going to beat anybody,” Zverev, ranked seventh in the world, said. “I’m very disappointed but it’s more about myself than the result.” Zverev, a semi-finalist last year in Basel, fought hard to take the opening set into a tiebreaker, but was overwhelmed in the second by his American opponent in 86 minutes. “Normally I really enjoy it on court, the tough moments, the fighting,” Zverev said. “But today I was completely out of it. I may go home for a few days and clear my mind. I’ll try to do well in Paris and hopefully make it to London.” Fritz, ranked 31st in the world and a winner at Eastbourne in June, saved both break points against his serve. London-bound third seedStefanos Tsitsipas came through with a 6-3, 7-6 (8/6) win over Spaniard Albert Ramos-Vinolas. “I knew it was going to be a difficult battle out there. He fought hard and gave me a hard time, but I’m satisfied and happy that this match didn’t go longer or to three sets,” Tsitsipas said. The Greek now boasts wins in eight of his last 10 matches including a final in Beijing to Dominic Thiem. Fabio Fognini picked up his London qualifying pace with a 6-2, 6-4 victory over Australian Alexei Popyrin. The Italian winner reached the second round in 78 minutes to reinforce his year-end bid. The Monte Carlo Masters champion stands 11th in the chase for one of the remaining eight ATP Finals spots.Also Read | Daniil Medvedev Wins Shanghai Masters, Beats Alexander Zverev”If I qualify – fine. If not, then I can spend more time with the family, that’s the most important thing anyway,” he said. Moldovan Radu Albot will line up in the second round against nine-time champion Roger Federer on Wednesday after a 2-6, 6-3, 6-4 comeback over Serb Dusan Lajovic. The US’ Riley Opelka hammered 27 aces in his 7-6 (7/5), 7-6 (12/10) defeat of Chile’s Christian Garin and will face either sixth seed David Goffin or Marin Cilic. Two-time Basel semi-finalist Richard Gasquet advanced past Argentine Juan Ignacio Londero 6-1, 7-6 (7/4). For all the Latest Sports News News, Tennis News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.