21 12 19

first_imgSAN JOSE — Martin Jones’ preseason numbers were not pretty. Neither was his season-opening start against the Anaheim Ducks.But searching for any concern about Jones and his so-so play so far inside the Sharks’ dressing room right now is pointless.History shows he’ll bounce back.“One of the great things about him is he always responds well to that type of situation,” Sharks coach Pete DeBoer said. “He has an off night, it’s almost money in the bank that the next time out, he’s really …last_img

28 11 19

first_imgChina furious as Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong “I don’t actually believe that would be Pacquiao actually even saying that himself,” the Australian told Channel Nine.“Maybe it is his team around him. But Pacquiao seemed very humble in the way that he lost and thought the decision was correct.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool stars“I am ready for a rematch. If he wants to come back and do it again, we will do it. That’s up to him, he’s got the option,” Horn said.Written off by most observers, the 29-year-old stunned the Filipino legend with his ultra-aggressiveness to earn a unanimous 12-round decision. MOST READ Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ No reversal of PacHorn decision, says WBO In Brisbane, with chants of “Hornet! Hornet!” ringing out, the Australian boxer was handed the keys to the city and told thousands of supporters he was ready for the next challenge.“Thank you all for turning up and supporting me and my dreams and, as you can see, you never give up.“I went through a tough round nine, pushed hard through and we got there” he told the crowd. “We got that World Championship.”There was no doubting the fight’s outcome among fans who came out to greet their hometown hero.“(It was) an absolutely amazing performance. He (Horn) definitely, definitely, definitely won,” one supporter told Sky News.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparc LATEST STORIES Jeff Horn of Australia celebrates after beating Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines during their WBO World welterweight title fight in Brisbane, Australia, Sunday, July 2, 2017. (AP Photo/Tertius Pickard)Newly-crowned world welterweight champion Jeff Horn on Thursday brushed aside boxing legend Manny Pacquiao’s call for a review of his controversial defeat and threw down the gauntlet for a rematch.Thousands joined a ticker-tape parade in Brisbane in honor of the former school teacher, who said he doubted if Pacquiao had personally backed a call to review the outcome of last Sunday’s title bout.ADVERTISEMENT Another vape smoker nabbed in Lucena Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend Read Next Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend Nikki Valdez rushes self to ER due to respiratory tract infection Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ LOOK: Jane De Leon meets fellow ‘Darna’ Marian Rivera The result has been widely questioned, with many believing Pacquiao should have won.The 38-year-old Filipino champion Wednesday backed a formal request by the Philippines’ Games and Amusement Board for the World Boxing Organisation to review the decision.“I love boxing and I don’t wanna see it dying because of unfair decision and officiating,” he said in a statement issued by his office.“I had already accepted the decision but as a leader and, at the same time, fighter I have the moral obligation to uphold sportsmanship, truth and fairness in the eyes of the public.”In the twilight of a 22-year pro career in which he won world titles in an unprecedented eight weight divisions, Pacquiao had initially called for a rematch, but later said he would also “think hard” about retiring.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View commentslast_img read more

28 11 19

first_imgEngland beat India by 196 runs in this 2000th Test match at Lord’s on Monday, which was also the 100th Test between India and England. Score | PhotosIndia started the day with an overnight score of 80/1 with VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid at the crease as a target of 458 runs loomed large. Eventually, the target proved too massive for injury-hit India.In the morning session the visitors lost their opener Rahul Dravid when a James Anderson ball took a thick edge off his bat to land in the keeper Mat Prior’s gloves. He fell for 36 and India were down to 96/2.Post Dravid’s wicket Laxman and Gautam Gambhir became overtly cautious, playing on the deliveries that were coming straight to the bat and leaving the rest. They didn’t have a choice and they needed to stay in the middle for long to save the Test.Gradually, the two started chipping away from the massive 458-run target. But the partnership eventually came to an end when Anderson came around to get rid of Laxman on 56. Laxman went for a pull and ended up getting caught by Bell.In the next over England spinner Graeme Swann struck Gambhir on the pads and he was adjudged LBW on 22. India were 135/4 at the stage and were looking down the barrel.Once again Sachin Tendulkar stepped in and once again his fans cutting across nationalities started praying for his elusive 100th international century.Tendulkar’s partner in the middle was left-hander, Suresh Raina.At lunch India were 142/4, with Tendulkar and Raina at the crease and the visitors needed a massive 316 runs.advertisementA few minutes had gone by into the second session when England bowlers got the man they wanted. Sachin’s fans were again left disappointed when a James Anderson delivery trapped the batting maestro plumb in the front of the wicket when he was on 12.This was after he got two lives. First a Stuart Broad ball trapped him leg-before when he was on 11, but he was saved as the DRS is not being used for leg-before decisions in this series. And then, a ball before Anderson got him, he was dropped in the slips by Andrew Strauss. So Tendulkar’s highest at Lord’s continues to be 37.Post Tendulkar’s fall, Raina and skipper MS Dhoni batted with resolve to avoid defeat. The two Chennai Super Kings team-mates could be seen sharing a good partnership in the middle. At tea, the two were going steady at the crease and India score was 218/5.But the third session had a different tale to tell. Minutes into it, skipper MS Dhoni was seen walking back with Chris Tremlett claiming his first wicket of the innings when the India total was 225/6.Post that wicket it was a matter of time before England players were out there celebrating their win. The biggest hurdle in front of them was Suresh Raina and James Anderson scalped him to increase his victims tally to five and provided England with a fine win 196-run win.Raina scored a dogged 78, but could not save India from the jaws of defeat. Kevin Pietersen won the Man of the Match for his unbeaten double hundred.last_img read more

17 09 19

first_img Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 21 Sept 2015 – The Church of God of Prophecy in the Turks and Caicos on Sunday installed Minister Carol Ann Skippings as another among the women leading the church in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The eight congregations of the Church of God of Prophecy gathered for the event at the Bight sanctuary. Congratulations goes out to the newly installed minister. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:church of god of prophecy, minister carol ann skippings Bahamians launch independence events with Souse Out on Saturdaylast_img

17 09 19

first_imgHundreds attended the 119th Memorial Day ceremony at Fort Rosecrans May 27, 2019 Allie Wagner Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Allie Wagner, Hundreds in attendance this morning for the 119th Memorial Day Ceremony at Fort Rosecrans to honor our fallen soldiers @KUSINews @KUSI_GMSD pic.twitter.com/MiLf9Z0e5P— Allie Wagner (@alliewagnertv) May 27, 2019 Remembering those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. They have set up a memorial called Arlington West in front of the @USSMidwayMuseum with 288 markers to honor those who have died. @KUSINews @KUSI_GMSD #memorialday pic.twitter.com/UPpmnPWvkt— Allie Wagner (@alliewagnertv) May 27, 2019 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – It is one of San Diego’s largest and most celebrated memorials dedicated to America’s veterans and today Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery hosted its annual Memorial Day celebration.The celebration is hosted by war veterans organizations, their auxiliaries, and patriotic groups.They’ve conducted the Memorial Day services at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery om San Diego for over 100 years.KUSI’s Allie Wagner has more on this story. Posted: May 27, 2019last_img read more