Horn brushes off Pacquiao call to review loss

first_imgChina furious as Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong “I don’t actually believe that would be Pacquiao actually even saying that himself,” the Australian told Channel Nine.“Maybe it is his team around him. But Pacquiao seemed very humble in the way that he lost and thought the decision was correct.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool stars“I am ready for a rematch. If he wants to come back and do it again, we will do it. That’s up to him, he’s got the option,” Horn said.Written off by most observers, the 29-year-old stunned the Filipino legend with his ultra-aggressiveness to earn a unanimous 12-round decision. MOST READ Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ No reversal of PacHorn decision, says WBO In Brisbane, with chants of “Hornet! Hornet!” ringing out, the Australian boxer was handed the keys to the city and told thousands of supporters he was ready for the next challenge.“Thank you all for turning up and supporting me and my dreams and, as you can see, you never give up.“I went through a tough round nine, pushed hard through and we got there” he told the crowd. “We got that World Championship.”There was no doubting the fight’s outcome among fans who came out to greet their hometown hero.“(It was) an absolutely amazing performance. He (Horn) definitely, definitely, definitely won,” one supporter told Sky News.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparc LATEST STORIES Jeff Horn of Australia celebrates after beating Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines during their WBO World welterweight title fight in Brisbane, Australia, Sunday, July 2, 2017. (AP Photo/Tertius Pickard)Newly-crowned world welterweight champion Jeff Horn on Thursday brushed aside boxing legend Manny Pacquiao’s call for a review of his controversial defeat and threw down the gauntlet for a rematch.Thousands joined a ticker-tape parade in Brisbane in honor of the former school teacher, who said he doubted if Pacquiao had personally backed a call to review the outcome of last Sunday’s title bout.ADVERTISEMENT Another vape smoker nabbed in Lucena Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend Read Next Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend Nikki Valdez rushes self to ER due to respiratory tract infection Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ LOOK: Jane De Leon meets fellow ‘Darna’ Marian Rivera The result has been widely questioned, with many believing Pacquiao should have won.The 38-year-old Filipino champion Wednesday backed a formal request by the Philippines’ Games and Amusement Board for the World Boxing Organisation to review the decision.“I love boxing and I don’t wanna see it dying because of unfair decision and officiating,” he said in a statement issued by his office.“I had already accepted the decision but as a leader and, at the same time, fighter I have the moral obligation to uphold sportsmanship, truth and fairness in the eyes of the public.”In the twilight of a 22-year pro career in which he won world titles in an unprecedented eight weight divisions, Pacquiao had initially called for a rematch, but later said he would also “think hard” about retiring.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View commentslast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *