Oireachtas committee hearings on abortion close today

Posted on May 27, 2021Categories wdymosaeTags , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,   Leave a comment on Oireachtas committee hearings on abortion close today

first_img Pinterest WhatsApp Google+ Facebook News Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson By News Highland – May 21, 2013 Google+ NPHET ‘positive’ on easing restrictions – Donnelly Pinterest Twitter Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH center_img Previous articleNew Croke park proposals distributed to public sector unionsNext articleRelay for Life programme of events released – full details inside News Highland Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Oireachtas committee hearings on abortion close today Facebook A legal expert who is due to speak this morning at the Oireachtas Health Committee hearing on the proposed new abortion legislation says the new laws should look more clearly at the definition of the unborn.Dr. Ruth Fletcher, at the school of Law at Keele University in the UK says there is an opportunity for this new legislation to define the unborn so that it excludes those foetuses which have lethal abnormalities.Currently the unborn is defined in law as starting from implantation.Dr. Fletcher also says the new laws should take into account that the value of a woman’s life is not the same as the value of the life of a foetus:”One of the problems with the current interpretation of article 43.3 is that it treats a woman’s life and a fetal life as if they are exactly the same thing” she said.”So fetal life is an important entity obviously – but women’s lives are valuable as biological entities, as sentiment beings, who can feel pain and pleasure and who have interests in well-being”.”And also as full persons who are conscious, who think, who reflect and make decisions” he added RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published WhatsApp Twitterlast_img read more

A5 monies must stay in North West – Eastwood

Posted on May 27, 2021Categories yaqgzozfTags , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,   Leave a comment on A5 monies must stay in North West – Eastwood

first_img Pinterest Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH By News Highland – May 24, 2013 Pinterest Previous articleDonegal & Tyrone name teams for SundayNext articleDiesel smuggling needs an all-Ireland response – Harte News Highland Twitter Google+ LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Facebook Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Facebook Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson center_img WhatsApp NPHET ‘positive’ on easing restrictions – Donnelly WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR News A Foyle MLA says any attempt to divert A5 money into Northern Ireland wide projects would be a further betrayal of people west of the Bann.The SDLP’s Colum Eastwood has voiced concern at Minister Jonathan Bell’s comments that money originally allocated to the A5 road project could be redirected towards the construction of Shared Education campuses.Mr Eastwood says the A5 monies should not and must not be regarded as a cash reserve for any and all Departments to feed off……………[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/colme1pm.mp3[/podcast] A5 monies must stay in North West – Eastwood Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published Google+ Twitterlast_img read more

O’Donnell says housing list reviews are needed to minimise refusals

Posted on May 27, 2021Categories ogkbxbqeTags , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,   Leave a comment on O’Donnell says housing list reviews are needed to minimise refusals

first_img Facebook A Donegal councillor is calling for a review of how council houses are allocated after being told that of the replies received so far from people offered houses in the Letterkenny Municipal District this year, more than half have turned them down.Cllr John O’Donnell says cases where there are genuine reasons for turning down a house need to be looked at by the council.However, he says in many cases, people are turning down houses because they have made other arrangements.Speaking on today’s Shaun Doherty Show, Cllr O’Donnell said the list needs to be reviewed and if necessary, the allocation process changed, to make sure that houses are being offered to people who want and need them……….Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/johnhous.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Previous articleMurray raises TTIP concerns in EuropeNext articleREA says Donegal 3 Bedroom Semi prices are stabilising after 3.5% rise admin Twitter Twitter Facebook Pinterest Pinterest WhatsApp Google+ Homepage BannerNews WhatsAppcenter_img Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR O’Donnell says housing list reviews are needed to minimise refusals Google+ Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson By admin – April 20, 2015 GAA decision not sitting well with Donegal – Mick McGrath Nine Til Noon Show – Listen back to Wednesday’s Programme Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamiltonlast_img read more

Donegal man awarded 100K for nightclub injuries

Posted on May 27, 2021Categories pubotneiTags , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,   Leave a comment on Donegal man awarded 100K for nightclub injuries

first_img Pinterest RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR By News Highland – May 9, 2012 Newsx Adverts Twitter Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published Facebook Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey Google+ WhatsApp Facebook Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week center_img Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Pinterest Previous articleFormer NI Water Minister tells Donegal meeting his views on water chargesNext article‘Yes’ camp say no to Donegal referendum debate News Highland LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also Google+ Twitter Donegal man awarded 100K for nightclub injuries A Donegal man who suffered serious facial injuries after he fell through a glass door following an incident outside a nightclub has been awarded €100,600 in High Court damages.The award was made to 37 year-old Paul Brady of The Beeches, Ballybofey.Mr Brady was left with severe facial disfigurement after he tried to break up a fight when he left Stampies nightclub in Ballybofey on October 27, 2002 with friends.He brought a claim for damages against Bridget Heeney and her sons Terence Michael and Aidan Heeney, who are the owners and operators of the nightclub.In his action, the painter and decorator claimed the club failed to supervise the area to the rear of the nightclub and there was also failure to ensure there was an adequate number of bouncers in the club and in the yard.The claims were denied, and it was argued Mr Brady failed to have regard for his own safety, exposed himself to injury, and engaged in an activity that he knew was dangerous and unsafe.In his judgment  Mr Justice Kevin Cross found the defendants were negligent arising from a failure that night in their “normally excellent security system”.Mr Brady had suffered serious injuries which were unsightly and permanent, but he did not exaggerate his suffering in his evidence to the court, the judge said.He awarded damages of €100,600 and also granted a stay on his decision pending an appeal. WhatsApplast_img read more

Decleration calls on EU on government to return islander’s fishing rights

Posted on May 27, 2021Categories cohtoypcTags , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,   Leave a comment on Decleration calls on EU on government to return islander’s fishing rights

first_img Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published WhatsApp Decleration calls on EU on government to return islander’s fishing rights News Twitter Pinterest By News Highland – December 14, 2009 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey Twitter Previous articleKey EU fishing talks underwayNext article300 jobs lost at Stream in Derry News Highland center_img LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH WhatsApp Facebook Facebook Google+ Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Google+ Delegates attending a weekend conference on Arranmore Island have signed a decleration calling on the EU and government to lift restriction to allow them to fish.The international conference took place on Saturday and was attended the European Small Islands Network, International fishing organisations and local fishing and political representatives.Local fishermen want laws changed or modified to allow them fish for salmon. 20 fishermen based on the island declined the government buy-out scheme when salmon fishing was banned in 2006.Spokesperson Hugh Rodgers says the message from the conference was clear – islanders want the right to make a living from the sea : [podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/fishweb.mp3[/podcast]last_img read more

Donegal Moutain Rescue appeal for vehcle storage facilities

Posted on May 27, 2021Categories foxhpqlgTags , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,   Leave a comment on Donegal Moutain Rescue appeal for vehcle storage facilities

first_img Twitter WhatsApp Google+ By News Highland – October 20, 2011 Pinterest Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH News LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Pinterest Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Previous articleMinisterial meeting of the British-Irish Council to be held in GweedoreNext articleColaiste Ailigh’s new school building should be ready in two years News Highland center_img Twitter Donegal Mountain Rescue is appealing for Vehicle Storage Facilities over the winter period.In a statement posted on it’s Facebook page last night, the team said for the past two winters, their four vehicles were parked outside, and came under enormous mechanical pressure because of the amount of work they had to do. This winter, they are looking for two covered facilities with permanent access that they can use for as little cost as possible.PRO Brian Murray says the team was stretched to the limit over the last two winters helping vulnerable members of the community…………[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/dmrt830.mp3[/podcast]The team can be contacted at 087 2284600 or by e-mailing [email protected] Google+ RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published WhatsApp Donegal Moutain Rescue appeal for vehcle storage facilities Facebook Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad alsolast_img read more

Man seriously injured in Letterkenny – Gardai do not suspect assault

Posted on May 27, 2021Categories lodfkjsaTags , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,   Leave a comment on Man seriously injured in Letterkenny – Gardai do not suspect assault

first_img WhatsApp By News Highland – September 6, 2012 WhatsApp Man seriously injured in Letterkenny – Gardai do not suspect assault Google+ Facebook Google+ Facebook A man in his mid twenties has been transferred to hospital in Dublin having suffered injuries in Letterkenny this morning.The man suffered head and spinal injuries.Gardai believe his injuries were as a result of a fall and do not suspect he was the victim of an assault.It is understood that a dispute had started outside a take away on the Port Road shortly before 3.45am.The injured man, who was not involved in the dispute, is understood to have suffered his injuries as a result of a fall as he ran from the scene.He was taken to Letterkenny General Hospital before being transferred to the Mater in Dublin.The area has been sealed off as a precaution, gardai are not seeking witnesses to the incident and are examing CCTV. Twitter Pinterest Pinterestcenter_img PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers Previous articleIlex may lose responsibility for Fort George project in DerryNext articleJim McGuinness describes Letterkenny’s ‘homecoming’ bid as “disrespectful” News Highland News Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derrylast_img read more

Safety works confirmed for Drumkeen junction

Posted on May 27, 2021Categories oimdzshwTags , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,   Leave a comment on Safety works confirmed for Drumkeen junction

first_img Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Safety works confirmed for Drumkeen junction Donegal South West Senator Brian Ó Domhnaill has confirmed that safety improvement works will be completed at the N13 (Letterkenny to Stranorlar Road) Junction with the Meenavoy County Road Junction in the coming weeks once weather conditions permit.Ó Domhnaill said: “This work which involves a right turning box land and markings follows on from an on-site meeting I had with local residents and the NRA Road Safety Engineer last year.””The local community are extremely concerned at the danger associated with the junction and following my representations I am now pleased that the requested works have been approved to be carried out.” :Said Ó Domhnaill RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter Previous articleFurther overnight water restrictions confirmedNext article‘At risk groups’ again urged to get flu jab News Highland By News Highland – January 6, 2011 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Facebook Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers Google+ PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal center_img Newsx Adverts Google+ WhatsApp Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Facebook Pinterest Twitter Pinterest HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week WhatsApplast_img read more

OTR reports says PSNI gave John Downey comfort letter in error

Posted on May 27, 2021Categories yaqgzozfTags , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,   Leave a comment on OTR reports says PSNI gave John Downey comfort letter in error

first_imgNews Twitter WhatsApp 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Pinterest Google+ Facebook Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North OTR reports says PSNI gave John Downey comfort letter in error Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry A report released today into the so-called ‘On the Run’ letters has described the system of dealing with the letters as a “messy compromise”.The reports author, Lady Justice Hallett said there was a lack of strategy and structure but not a breach of the law.It’s believed 200 Republicans were given the letters – which told them they weren’t wanted by the police.The inquiry was set up by the British Prime Minister after the collapse of the trial of Donegal man John Downey – who was suspected of involvement in the 1982 Hyde Park bombing in London.Police in Northern Ireland mistakenly told Downey in 2007 that he was no longer being sought by Scotland Yard.In her report today Justice Hallet painted a picture of an unprecedented, flawed system.She said only those suspects against whom there was insufficient evidence to prosecute should have been given “letters of comfort,” she said, but police and prosecutors made independent decisions in a system that seemed to have no framework.John Downey, suspected of the Hyde Park bombing, should not have received a letter, she said. The error was the fault of the Police Service of Nothern Ireland, who spotted it in 2008 but did nothing to rectify it.Justice Hallett confirmed there are two other cases where letters were sent out in error in a scheme which was kept quiet but not deliberately obscured.It is unclear what now happens to those suspects who received letters of comfort but it is thought unlikely that they will be rescinded.center_img Previous articleLohan cutting out sober buddies from LondonNext articleAction Group trying to determine extent of potential mica problem in Donegal News Highland Pinterest WhatsApp Twitter Google+ RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Facebook By News Highland – July 17, 2014 last_img read more

Renewed hope as Oisin’s conditions shows some improvement

Posted on May 27, 2021Categories avkplbhjTags , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,   Leave a comment on Renewed hope as Oisin’s conditions shows some improvement

first_img WhatsApp Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal WhatsApp Pinterest Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry News RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic By News Highland – June 26, 2014 Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Google+center_img Twitter Renewed hope as Oisin’s conditions shows some improvement Previous articleHorgan says Harps win is a must against WaterfordNext articleDerry teenager tells how he thought he was going to die during sectarian attack News Highland Google+ Twitter Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Facebook Pinterest 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North The condition of Donegal teenager Oisin Merritt has shown some signs of improvement.The 19 year-old from Stranorlar suffered serious head injuries when he fell while holidaying with friends in Santa Ponsa a fortnight ago.His condition was grave last Friday and Saturday but he then started to improve on Sunday as pressure on his brain began to ease to more manageable levels.He remains in an coma.Oisin plays for the Finn Harps U19 and reserve sides – club officer Aiden Campbell says the latest developments are encouraging:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/acoisinWEB.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.last_img read more